Insurance Options For the Entrepreneur
In today’s world it is hard to find someone who has worked the same job for twenty years. Technological advancements have opened endless opportunities for people everywhere to work at their passion. Recession forced many to leave their 9 to 5 jobs and take chances on their dreams. As technology and computers continue to advance, we have more options than ever to self-promote and market our work. Entrepreneurs especially have endless avenues to work their craft and advance their brand.
Yet being an entrepreneur comes with its positives and negatives. The highlights of entrepreneurship is that you are your own boss. You set your rules and times. You are essentially your own boss and if you’re lucky to have employees, you have another level of responsibilities in front of you. Yet entrepreneurs have the challenge of keeping a schedule, and making sacrifices for their business and vision. While pushing and making sacrifices for a dream, some entrepreneurs may not have medical coverage to cover health needs. Is being ensured important?
Sometimes entrepreneurs may not have proper insurance to cover all of their personal and medical needs. Unlike the nine to five job that offers security and structure, the self-employed are building a dream while creating a better future for themselves and those working for them. If you have a family to care for, you understand the importance of having medical insurance to care for your family’s needs. Luckily there are insurance options for entrepreneurs to cover medical needs as well as personal assets. Take the time to do the research!
Here are some insurance options to look into.
- SHOP. The Small Business Health Option Program is for small employers who want to provide health and dental coverage to their employees. You can choose the coverage that works best for you and your specific business needs.
- Medicaid. Depending on your household and income, you may qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid and CHIP programs in your state. You can fill out an online form to learn if you qualify.
- Cigna. This insurance offers coverage options to give you choices that work best for you and your situation at affordable rates. You also get the benefit of 24/7 customer services, tools and services to help make it easy for you to select the proper plans and doctors, and a network of quality providers in your local area.
- Liability. This insurance pays for the legal fees and support that you would need if you are in a place where you need to sue. This form of coverage also protects your property and assets.
- Life insurance. Never underestimate the importance of life insurance. Entrepreneurs take many risks, but even risks need to be tempered. Life insurance is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones after you have passed on.
As an entrepreneur you deserve to have protection as you work towards building your dream. If you have a staff working under you, it is important your team has coverage and security. Take the time to research your options. You may want to seek legal advice to help you seek the best coverage options for you, your team and loved ones.